Why August 26th Matters In Rock History
It's August 26th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history.
- In 2003, Rolling Stone magazine named Jimi Hendrix the "Greatest Guitarist in Rock History." Others in the Top 10 included Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- In 1970, guitarist Duane Allman joined Eric Clapton’s Derek and the Dominos sessions in Florida.
- In 2007, after two years, the Rolling Stones played the final show on their A Bigger Bang World Tour at the O2 Arena in London. It was the longest and biggest tour of their career and became the highest grossing in rock history, earning $560 million U.S.
- In 1997, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith was taken to the hospital after crashing his motorcycle while driving down Sunset Boulevard in LA.
- And in 2005, Green Day was named the Best Band on the Planet at the 12th annual Kerrang! Rock Awards in the UK.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio