Why June 23rd Matters In Rock History
It’s June 23rd and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1975, Alice Cooper fell from the stage during a show in Vancouver on his Welcome to My Nightmare tour. He broke six ribs.
- In 2004, the Beastie Boys’ sixth album, To the 5 Boroughs, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
- In 2010, Gregg Allman successfully underwent a liver transplant.
- In 2004, Dave Navarro revealed that Jane’s Addiction had split up once again. In a statement on his site, he explained it happened because “it simply didn’t work out.”
- In 1973, George Harrison started a five-week run at No.1 on the Billboard 200 with Living in the Material World, his second album to top the chart.
- In 1977, Who drummer Keith Moon joined Led Zeppelin onstage in Los Angeles.
- And in 1984, Van Halen released their hit song “Panama.”
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio