Why September 25th Matters In Rock History
It’s September 25th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1990, Dave Grohl of the Washington, D.C. band Scream joined Nirvana.
- In 1980, John Bonham, drummer for Led Zeppelin, choked to death on his own vomit after drinking 40 shots of vodka. He was 32.
- In 1972, Black Sabbath released their fourth album, Black Sabbath Vol. 4.
- In 1976, Wings played a charity concert at Venice’s St. Mark’s Square to raise funds for the historic area, and while the night was a success, the weight of the equipment they used caused more damage to the square.
- In 1976, Boston’s self-titled debut album entered the charts. It would go on to become the fastest-selling debut album in chart history.
- And in 1982, Queen performed on Saturday Night Live.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio