UPDATE: Boil water advisory in Milton lifted
Halton Region says the tap water in Milton is once again safe to drink.
It has lifted a boil water advisory that was in place for parts of the town over the weekend.
The region says lab tests have confirmed the water is safe but they still recommend taking the following precautions:
- Run cold faucets for a minimum of one minute.
- Remove and clean all screens and aerators on taps.
- Run drinking water fountains for a minimum of one minute.
- Run all water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45°C (113°F). Normal setting is 60°C (140°F)
- Drain and flush all ice-making machines and soda fountain machines.
The advisory was put in place on Friday following a water main break.