UPDATE: 2nd suspect wanted in the death of a 14-year-old Mississauga boy surrenders to police

The brother of a suspect already in custody for the death of a 14-year-old Mississauga teen is now in custody.

A Canada-wide warrant had been issued for 20-year-old Mark Mahabir hours after his twin brother Nicolas was charged with second-degree charges in court in connection with the death of Riley Martin. Both were previously known to police

According to Const. Akhil Mooken, Mark Mahabir turned himself into Peel Regional Police Saturday night.  

"Earlier this evening around 7 p.m., Mark Mahabir,who we did have a Canada-wide arrest warrant out, surrendered himself to Peel Regional Police."

The body of the victim, identified as Riley-Driver Martin, was discovered at 8 a.m. Friday in an area that serves as the school yard for an elementary school, École élémentaire Horizon Jeunesse. 

At a press conference Saturday afternoon, Peel Police Const. Irina Yashnyk confirmed the arrest had been made Friday night.  

"We can now confirm that we have arrested and charged a 20-year-old male, Nicholas Mahabir, with second-degree murder."  

With the investigation ongoing, police are refusing to divulge how the victim died, what kind of weapon was used or if there was any history between the two. 

"We won't speak to the motive or relationship of the two as it is an ongoing investigation."

Mark Mahabir appeared in a Brampton courtroom Sunday morning and is scheduled to re-appear in court on December 24. It followed Nicolas' appearance on Saturday afternoon.

Speaking to the media, his lawyer admitted the information on his client's relationship with the victim is unclear.

"I have no information whatsoever as to their relationship if any. If they're known to each other, live in the same neighbourhood. I know absolutely nothing about it."

Asked about the charges against his client, the lawyer added "We have little detail, very scant. We just have the charge,(second-degree murder) and we don't have anything more than that. He maintains his innocence at this time of course." 

Mark's lawyer, meantime, maintains that his client is innocent.

"[The case] has received a lot of attention," David Midanik told reporters after Sunday's court appearance. "It's a terrible thing anytime a young man is murdered, and when the whole story comes out, it'll be perhaps less salacious."

"All I can say is a vigorous defence will be mounted," he added. "He's not guilty of this charge. What's appeared in the press is trumpian, in the sense that it's not what it seems to be"

Peel Police confirmed to NEWSTALK1010 Sunday afternoon that the park area closed for the investigation has been re-opened.

"I know we are still appealing to anybody who has further information to contact our Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau as well as Crime Stoppers," said Constable Heather Cannon.

The Bureau can be reached at (905) 453-2121 Ext 3205. 

- with files from Siobhan Morris, Claude Feig and Jackie Rosen