Careless smoking to blame for fire in St. James Town

Careless smoking is being blamed as the cause of a faire that broke out in an apartment building in St. James Town Sunday morning.

Firefighters were called to the highrise building on Bleeker Street, near Bloor Street, around 2:30 a.m.

The fire had broken out in a unit on the 22nd floor and was quickly brought under control.

One person was taken to hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

Since the fire was contained to the one unit an evacuation order was not needed.