Closures to keep in mind for the Labour Day Parade
The annual Toronto and York Region Labour Day Parade will be held at about 9 a.m. Monday, and that will result in several road closures around the area.
The parade will form on University between Richmond and Dundas, and on Queen between Bay and University.
Participants will march south on University and west along Queen Street, south on Dufferin, and then east on Liberty Street before ending at Lamport Stadium.
Road closures will kick in near Queen and University at about 7 a.m. and then continue throughout the day until they're lifted at about 2 p.m.
The following roads will be closed, according to Toronto Police:
- University Avenue from Richmond Street West to Dundas Street West
- Armoury Street from University Avenue to Chestnut Street
- Centre Avenue from Armoury Street to Dundas Street West
- Queen Street West from Bay Street to Dufferin Street
- Dufferin Street from Queen Street West to CNE Entrance
- Liberty Street from Dufferin Street to Jefferson Avenue
- Mowat Avenue changed to a two-way conversion
- Jefferson Avenue from King Street to Liberty Street
TTC streetcar service in either direction along Queen will be diverted starting at 9 a.m.