Eight Toronto pools open late on Monday
In the midst of this heatwave, here's some good news if you like to swim.
The City of Toronto has extended hours for eight outdoor pools Monday, to help keep residents cool.
Weather permitting, the following pools will be open until 11:45 p.m. Monday:
- Alexandra Park, 275 Bathurst St.
- Alex Duff Pool, 779 Crawford St.
- Earlscourt Park/Giovanni Caboto Pool, 1367 St. Clair Ave. W.
- McGregor Park, 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
- Monarch Park, 115 Felstead Ave.
- Parkway Forest, 55 Forest Manor Rd.
- Smithfield Park, 175 Mount Olive Dr.
- Sunnyside Park/Gus Ryder Pool, 1755 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
This is already the second time this year that pool hours have been extended due to the heat.
The city usually keeps pools open later during extended heat warnings.