Police: 2 Oshawa elementary school students sent to hospital after eating parents' pot cookies

Police in Durham Region are out with a heads-up to parents of young children after two elementary school students in Oshawa were taken to hospital after eating cannabis-laced snacks.

Authorities say one of the students snuck several cookies into school on Wednesday and ate them with a friend.

They got so sick that they had to go to the hospital for an overnight stay.

Police say one of their parents has a medical cannabis licence and made the cookies for 'personal consumption.'

The Children's Aid Society has been contacted.