WATCH: Air Canada investigating after passenger left alone on dark, empty plane at Pearson Airport

Air Canada is investigating after a passenger claimed she was left stranded on a plane at Pearson Airport.

It reportedly happened after a 90 minute flight from Quebec City to Toronto on June 9th.  And it plays out like something out of a bad dream!

The passenger, Tiffani Adams, claims she fell asleep during the flight and woke up to find the plane pitch black, cold and empty - a few hours after the plane landed.  She was still securely strapped in her seat.

Adams tried to call friends and family for help, but her cellphone battery had died.

She made her way to the airplane's cockpit and found a flashlight, which she used to try and send out distress signals to anyone who might be in the area.

Adams was eventually able to pry open the plane door. But she says she couldn't safely exit, because it was a 40 to 50 foot drop to the pavement below.  

In a Facebook account of the ordeal, posted on her behalf, Adams says she then leaned "out the door trying to get the attention of ground crew" but at first, that didn't help. 

She says she could see Pearson Airport's lights in the distance, but she was far away, adding she believed she was "where the aircrafts park overnight".

Adams searched frantically for rope, so she could try and climb down to safety.

Fortunately, she says she managed to get the attention of an airport employee driving a luggage cart, by dangling her legs out of the plane door.

He was just as shocked to see her as she was to be left in that situation.

He brought her a ladder dock and she was able to finally get off the plane. 

Adams was met by an Air Canada representative, who apologized and offered her a ride and hotel accommodation but she says all she wanted to do was go home.  

Adams says that Air Canada reached out to her after her harrowing ordeal. 

More than a week after the incident, in the June 19th Facebook post, Adams is quoted as saying "10 days later and I am still a wreck".

Speaking to our media partner CP24, Robin Smith, a spokesperson for the Greater Toronto Airport Authority, said the GTAA is "not involved in the operational processes" that would have led to that situation.

Smith goes on to say the airline staff working for Air Canada would have been responsible for ensuring all passengers were off the plane.

In an emailed statement sent to CP24 on Saturday night, a spokesperson for Air Canada said the airline is "still reviewing" the incident.

"I have no additional details to share, but we have followed up with the customer and remain in contact with her," the statement read.