WATCH: High speed chase suspect slapped with 34 charges

The man who led police on a high speed chase for more than 100kms up the 400 on Wednesday, is now facing 34 charges.

31-year-old Kristian Jarvis, has been slapped with six counts of attempted murder after allegedly firing a gun at his brother, and then turning the weapon on police officers who were trying to arrest him.

He's also been charged with one count of theft of a motor vehcile, five of possession of a weapon, four counts of robbery with a firearm, six counts of assault with a weapon, one count of dangerous operatoion of a motor vehicle, and two counts of unathorized possession of a firearm.

Jarvis will be back in court on July 11th.

Police say the man first started his rampage around 2 o'clock this morning, when he allegedly fired shots at his own brother at an apartment near York University.

From there, he went on to try and steal three cars, including the silver Honda Civic, he eventually led police on the chase.


But even before the 31-year-old man gave himself up, he took shots at officers, on two different occasions.

One of those happened in the northbound lanes near highway 88 and 89, when he pulled over and made it look like he was going to give up, before opening fire.

Police say drivers did what they were supposed to do, pulling over to the right and letting the officers fly by on the highway.

Eventually the chase ended, with the car pulling off the highway on Memorial Avenue in Orillia.

“He did go down a slight ravine where he left a firearm and he fled across the highway. At that point the OPP helicopter was in the air and did spot the individual as he crossed the northbound lanes of Highway 11 into the southbound lanes,” OPP Sgt. Peter Leon said.

The man was taken into custody a short time later. He knelt with his hands behind his back, shirtless, with his hair long and unkempt, as officers approached and handcuffed him.

Officers found the gun in the ravine, but Inspector Colin Greenaway from Toronto Police says the man showed no remorse and was "angry and belligerent" upon being taken into custody.