WATCH: At least 98 people killed after Sunday's Indonesian earthquake
National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho says the death toll from the Lombok earthquake has risen to 98 from the previously announced 91.
Officials have been saying the number of deaths would increase as rescuers reach cut-off areas in north Lombok.
Authorities say rescuers still haven't reached some devastated parts of the tourist island of Lombok after a powerful earthquake flattened houses and toppled bridges and shaking neighbouring Bali.
The ruins of a mosque that collapsed in Lading-Lading village while people prayed inside was being pulled apart by a backhoe in search of victims.
Photos and video from the disaster agency showed Sunday's night quake had reduced the mosque to a mound of rubble.
It was the second deadly quake in a week to hit Lombok. A July 29 quake killed 16 people and damaged hundreds of houses, some of which collapsed in Sunday evening's magnitude 7.0 temblor, killing those inside.
National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said Monday that damage was ``massive'' in northern Lombok. In several districts, more than half of homes were destroyed or severely damaged.
Nugroho said the death toll will ``definitely increase.'' More than 200 people were seriously injured. Thousands of homes and buildings were damaged and 20,000 people are in temporary shelters.