Winter Weather Travel Advisory issued for parts of Southern Ontario
It appears winter has arrived early this year - perhaps a bit too early for some.
Environment Canada has issued a Winter Weather Travel Advisory Saturday for areas south of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, due to intense snow squalls.
The weather agency says a west-to-east band of lake effect snow has developed and will move south, leaving some areas with as much as five centimetres of accumulation.
Roads may become snow covered and icy, and visibility could be greatly reduced.
Motorists are warned to drive with caution and pay close attention to changing conditions.
Areas impacted by this advisory include:
- Uxbridge - Beaverton - Northern Durham Region
- Newmarket - Georgina - Northern York Region
- Lindsay - Southern Kawartha Lakes
- Peterborough City - Lakefield - Southern Peterborough County
- Wingham - Blyth - Northern Huron County
- Listowel - Milverton - Northern Perth County
- Mount Forest - Arthur - Northern Wellington County
- Guelph - Erin - Southern Wellington County
- Innisfil - New Tecumseth - Angus
- Shelburne - Mansfield - Northern Dufferin County
- Orangeville - Grand Valley - Southern Dufferin County
- Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo
- Halton Hills - Milton