City selling garbage tags ahead of coming container limit
London’s new three container garbage limit comes into effect on January 16.
The city is now selling garbage ties required if a household goes over its three-container limit.
Garbage tags are required for any containers (garbage cans or bags) over the limit.
Bulky items, such as furniture, mattresses, are not included in the limit and will be collected in addition to three containers.
The cost of the tags is $1.50 and is available at 10 locations:
• North London Optimist Community Centre, 1345 Cheapside St.
• South London Community Pool, 585 Bradley Ave.
• Canada Games Aquatic Centre, 1045 Wonderland Rd N.
• Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre, 656 Elizabeth St.
• Kiwanis Seniors' Community Centre, 78 Riverside Dr.
• City Hall, 300 Dufferin Ave.
• City EnviroDepots - 1450 Oxford St. W., 28 Clarke Rd. S., 21462 Clarke Rd. N and 3502 Manning Dr.