Fredericton Chamber welcomes Karen Grant as new president
Karen Grant of Kiers Marketing has been appointed president of the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce board of directors for 2019-20.
The Fredericton native takes over for Ryan Boyer, who moves into the past-president role for a one-year term.
Grant has been a board member for over five years and has chaired a number of committees, including policy development, provincial government affairs, business excellence awards, and physician recruitment and retention.
She says she's looking forward to building on the success of previous presidents and boards of directors to help improve the business conditions in the Fredericton area.
In addition to Grant's appoint at last week's annual general meeting, seven new board members were brought in to replace those who completed their two-year terms.
New board members:
- Cassandra Blackmore – Just Better Styling
- Geoff Phinney – Fredericton Toyota
- Shannon Dion – Bringloe Feeney
- David Shipley – Beauceron Security
- Mohammed Khirallah – Roticana Coffee
- Lindsay Bowman – Connors Stillwell
- Shawna Foster – Moco Downtown
- Bob Chisholm (1st Vice President) - McDonald’s Restaurants
- Jeff Saunders (2nd Vice President) - Teed Saunders Doyle
- Jill Stairs (Treasurer) - Daye Kelly and Associates
- Mark MacKenzie - Green Imaging
- Ken Critchley - Morneau Shepell.
Returning board members at large:
- Adam Peabody – Planet hatch
- Lori Clarke – Lori Clarke Interior Design Inc
- Kim Nash-McKinley – St. Mary’s First Nation
- Lori Stickles – NB Liquor Corp.
- Michael Melvin – McInnes Cooper
- Dhirendra Shukla – UNB
- Krishna Khaitan – AV Group.
Outgoing board members
- Meaghan Seagrave - BioNB
- Dan Pike - Medicine Shoppe
- Wendy Hallihan - Exit Realty
- Jason White - CBRE
- Brenda Perrin - Radisson Kingswood Hotel & Suites
- Keir Clark - Scotia Wealth Management.