Wildfire Update: Rain Has Helped Gogama...But Work is not Done
- The fire remains approximately 4 kilometres west of the community of Gogama. The fire is burning on the west side of Highway 144 and running parallel to the roadway.
- Weather conditions have allowed for a more effective aerial remapping of Timmins 2 yesterday, and the fire has been resized to 5622 hectares.
- Rainfall yesterday assisted fire suppression efforts and resulted in very minimal fire activity. Approximately 25 mm of precipitation was recorded on various parts of the fire on June 10. Fire activity continued to be relatively quiet today.
- The forecast for tomorrow and Thursday is announcing additional precipitation, estimating well over 20 mm of rain. This will continue to help fire suppression efforts.
- An incident management team, 20 fire crews and heavy equipment are assigned, and fire suppression activity continues.
- A basecamp is being established in Gogama to house staff on site.
- For up to date forest fire hazard conditions in your area, see the interactive fire map.