New Details: Renfrew House Fire Investigation
We’re learning some new details about the fire that gutted a home in Renfrew on Tuesday, leaving two people badly injured.
Ontario Fire Marshal's Office Investigator Roger Gibson tells Star 96.7 News the incident on Mary Avenue all started with a gas leak.
He says he’s determined that one of the people inside the home was working on the house at the time, and noticed the scent of gas.
"A person was working on the house and they smelled a gas leak, or they could smell natural gas .. and before they could get out of the house there was an explosion”, Gibson said.
That explosion ended up setting off a fire that gutted the home, according to the OFM.
Gibson says the next step is for the Techincal Standards and Safety Authority to follow up with the gas provider, and to learn more about how the gas leak started.
“TSSA will have to do their thing, and once that’s done .. they’ll make a determination where they’re going from there", he said.
A 61 year old woman and a 60 year old man suffered serious injuries in the fire.. and are still receiving medical care.
Finally! The one and only Gordon Ramsay will sit down for a few hot ones!
South Park published an honest alcohol commercial and it's as outrageous as you can imagine. **This video has been tagged "OMG" for a reason.**
Morgan Freeman takes us through the great events of 2018. Maybe it's not so bad that it's over... Warning: lots of swearing!