OPP PATROLS LEAD TO SEVERAL DRUG AND WEAPONS
The Upper Ottawa Valley Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is conducting directed patrols in Laurentian Hills and Head, Clara and Maria Townships. The directed patrols have already resulted in significant results and on the morning of March 30, 2017 officers conducted a traffic stop of speeding vehicle in the directed patrol zone area. As a result of the traffic stop the vehicle driver and two passengers were found to be possession of several types of drugs and prohibited edged weapons.
32 year old Cameron Nicholas CARDWELL and 23 year old Kyle MACDONALD-LAMARCHE, both of Sudbury, and 34 year old Jason Robert HANSMAN of North Bay are each charged with the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) and Criminal Code (CC) charges:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purposes of Trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purposes of Trafficking - Percodan
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purposes of Trafficking - Oxycodone
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance - Cannabis Marihuana Over 30 grams
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon - 2 counts each
All three males were held for a bail hearing on March 31, 2017 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Pembroke.
CARDWELL was also charged under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) for speeding and two counts of driving while suspended