Stolen Firearms Recovered - Update
On November 01, 2017 members of the Upper Ottawa Valley Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Crime Unit, Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) and Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed a Criminal Code (CC) search warrant at a residence on Reynolds Avenue in the City of Pembroke. As a result of the search warrant police located and seized several firearms that had been reported stolen from a residence in North Algona-Wilberforce Township in October 2017. Police also seized several types of drugs, ammunition, a chainsaw and several televisions as part of the search warrant.
As a result of this investigation 28-year-old Kyle Robert Lee BELAIRE of Pembroke is charged with the following Criminal Code (CC) and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) offences:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm - three counts
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order - four counts
- Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime - three counts
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 - seven counts
- Fai to comply with probation order - three counts
- Possession of a schedule I substance - fentanyl - one count
He was held for a bail hearing and remains in custody until his next appearance at the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Pembroke on December 04, 2017.