First Top Twenty under 40
The first ten recipients in the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce’s Top 20 under 40 powered by KPMG, include a dynamic group of Entrepreneurs and professionals. The 3rd Annual Top 20 Under 40, in partnership with KPMG, Community Futures and City of Vernon-Economic Development, recognizes the next generation of leaders in the North Okanagan, those under the age of 40 years of age who are making their mark through business success and community involvement.
The first recipients were selected among close to 60 nominations and include:
• Brett Kelly – A third generation Vernonite and co-owner of The Gentleman’s Shop and Shave Parlour.
• Dr. Elliot Lysyk- Owner of Arise Chiropractic & wellness, a real estate Investor and a Chiropractor Doctor with a passion for the community.
• Ryan Irving - A local Lawyer from Nixon Wenger, a Director on the Okanagan Science Centre board and a father to two young children.
• Sarah Gregory - Senior HR manager at Kingfisher boats has a passion for finding the right people to do the job, heads up numerous workshops and is an avid community volunteer.
• Nick Matovich – Born and raised in Vernon, Nick is the owner of Five Fathoms tattoo, located in the heart of downtown, an artist with an eye for detail and philanthropist that has helped raise over $70,000 for the BC Children’s Hospital foundation.
• Harpreet Nahal – A lawyer and developer, Harpreet is active as the founder of Lake City law corporation, partnership with Saath Development corporation and founder of Modtrend Exteriors Ltd. He is involved with many charities, speaks multiple languages and is an investor within the community.
• Pam Taylor – Owner of Pink Spotted Goat, an entrepreneur who has set up a business for local artisans featuring over 100 vendors in her downtown location. She is community minded, a strong promotor of shop local and a community ambassador.
• Jason Keis – Marketing and Sales Manager for Armstrong Co-op, an active member and President of JCI and a musician. Jason is out and about at many community events as a big community supporter.
• Ryan Doherty- General Manager at Lake City Casinos, avid fundraiser and volunteer, most recently helped raise over $200,000 for North Okanagan Hospice Society thru dancing with the Stars
• Riminder Gakhal – Born and raised in Vernon, a lawyer with Davidson Pringle LLP, graduated with honors from law school, she volunteers on numerous boards and is a committee member of Violence against Women in relationships.
The next 10 recipients will be announced on next Friday. All recipients will be featured on the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce website and they will also be honoured at a special recognition event on Thursday, November 23, 2017 at Marten Brewpub.
“The caliber of nominees this year was significant. With over 60 nominees, the judges had a formidable task picking the Top 20 Under 40,” says Dione Chambers, Chamber general manager. “It is a great opportunity for recognizing those individuals who are working hard, taking risks and dreaming big.”