Peanut Pool Temporarily Closed

Earlier this morning, while staff were conducting routine maintenance at Lakeview Pool, the wrong product was inadvertently added to a container in the mechanical room and chlorine gas was released.  Staff immediately followed proper safety procedures and cleared the pool of visitors.  The fire department was called to the pool to assess the situation and temporarily closed the park for safety precautions. Senior aquatic staff were called to the site to oversee the facility and with the assistance of the fire department were able to dilute the chlorine mixture.  The pool chemistry has now been rebalanced.  The park has been re-opened and the pool will be re-opened at 3:00pm this afternoon.

The staff involved were wearing the required personal protective equipment and were taken to the hospital as a precaution and have since been discharged.