Regional District Open House
The Regional District of North Okanagan is looking for your feedback on:
• The new Open Space and Trails Policy, including the Okanagan Rail Trail.
The RDNO coordinates work on trails in the region to connect our communities. The Open Space and Trails Policy serves to guide future trail planning,including the Rail Trail, natural space acquisition, and defines trail types that will become synonymous with our region.
• The Cultural Plan - learn about the exciting things coming out of the Greater Vernon Cultural Plan which supports the Performing Arts Centre, Museum, Community Arts Centre, Boys and Girls Club, and Public Art Gallery.
• The RDNO Solid Waste Management Plan: www.rdno.ca/swmp; - looking at how we can reduce the amount of garbage collected at our landfills, which can be via diversion, reduction, reuse, recycling, composting, or other approaches.
• The Greater Vernon Water 2017 Master Water Plan – sets out how GVW will sustainably manage our water supply for the next twenty-five years.
• The Safe Communities Program - learn how to keep you, your home and neighbourhood safe.
• Emergency Preparation - learn how you can protect your home in the event of flooding or other emergency.
Staff will also be available to share information on many of the services offered Wednesday, April 11th from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm at the Vernon Public Library main floor Meeting Room
For more information on this open house, contact email@example.com or visit www.rdno.ca.