Vernon Makes Romance List
The B.C. capital was named the country's most romantic city for the sixth sexy year in a row, according to the latest ranking by Amazon Canada. The annual list is compiled by looking at the e-commerce giant's sales data for - ahem, romance-related products such as books, movies and wellness products. In 2017, Victoria residents ordered the greatest number of relationship books, romance novels and romantic comedies on a per capita basis. Second place went to Abbotsford, while Whitehorse, Yukon, made the list for the first time, taking third place.
Western Canada seems particularly attuned to romance, with nine of the top 10 cities from B.C. and Alberta.
Across Canada, the most popular romance orders include The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman, Pretty Woman starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts and Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson.
1. Victoria, British Columbia
2. Abbotsford, British Columbia
3. Whitehorse, Yukon (new)
4. Courtenay, British Columbia (new)
5. Fort McMurray, Alberta (new)
6. Spruce Grove, Alberta (new)
7. North Vancouver, British Columbia
8. Sherwood Park, Alberta (new)
9. Surrey, British Columbia (new)
10. Nanaimo, British Columbia
11. Lasalle, Quebec (new)
12. Waterloo, Ontario
13. Prince George, British Columbia
14. La Prairie, Quebec (new)
15. Grand Prairie, Alberta
16. Airdrie, Alberta (new)
17. Welland, Ontario (new)
18. Vernon, British Columbia (new)
19. North Bay, Ontario
20. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (new)