EMO warns about dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning

New Brunswick EMO officials continue to remind residents about the real danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
 
EMO says they've received a report today that four individuals in one household have been intoxicated by carbon monoxide because they were using a generator inside their home.
 
With the widespread power outages across the province, people should be aware of the threat that carbon monoxide can pose in their homes.
People have died and/or been hospitalized in recent years because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
 
You should never run a generator in a home, garage, or near a window or air intake outside of a home.

It all seems like common sense, but the reminders need to be stated and EMO says it's also not safe to use a BBQ, a camping stove or a propane heater inside a house or garage.