Feds announce $10 million for N.B. harbour improvements, transfer projects
The federal government has announced $10 million for small craft harbour improvements and transfer projects along the eastern shore of New Brunswick.
Beauséjour MP Dominic Leblanc, also Minister of Intergovernmental and Northern Affairs and Internal Trade, says investing in local small craft harbours helps not just the commercial fishing industry but communities as a whole.
A number of harbours have been identified for improvements, including wharf reconstruction at Richibucto, and channel dredging in several areas such as Cap-de-Saint-Louis and Cap-Lumière.
- Wharf reconstruction at Richibucto
- Repairs to the Robichaud harbour in preparation for its divestiture to a third party
- Basin dredging at Barre-de-Cocagne in Cormierville
- Channel dredging at Cap-de-Saint-Louis
- Construction of a launching ramp at Cap-des-Caissie in Grande-Digue
- Channel dredging and wharf construction at Cap-Lumière
- Channel dredging at Chockpish
- Channel dredging at Les Aboiteaux (Cap-Pelé)
- Basin dredging at Petit-Cap (Cap-Pelé)
- Channel dredging for Saint-Edouard-de-Kent