Fire at Moncton rooming house displaces 7 adults

Seven adults are temporarily homeless after a fire at a rooming house in Moncton.

The Canadian Red Cross says the blaze broke out on Donald Avenue around 3:30 p.m Thursday.

One room was extensively damaged, and there was smoke or water damage throughout the two-storey building.

Officials say two tenants were treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.

The Red Cross is helping the tenants with emergency lodging, as well as emergency purchases.