Fredericton Marathon Race Weekend today and tomorrow
It is the 41st Annual GoToInsure.ca Fredericton Marathon Race Weekend this weekend.
The Fredericton Valley Graphics Expo goes until 4:00 p.m. at the Fredericton Convention Centre.
Starting at 10:00 a.m., the 3K Run Lady Beaverbrook Arena will see runners navigating a course along the City's trail system.
Registration for the Youth Fun Run runs from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Queen Square Park with the 500m and 1K runs starting from Queen Square Park at 2:00 p.m.
Cost for all participants of the Youth Fun Run is $2 and all participants will receive a t-shirt, finishing medal and post-race refreshments.
To accommodate the Youth Fun Run, the following roads will be closed in Fredericton between 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Aberdeen Street, between Saint John Street and the trail just past Church Street;
- McLeod Avenue, between Beaverbrook Street and St. John Street;
- Church Street, between McLeod Avenue and Aberdeen Street;
The Full Marathon, Half-Marathon Run/Walk, 10K Run/Walk and 5K Run/Walk will go on Sunday May 12, with the Full and Half-Marathon starting at 8:00 a.m. and the 10K Run/Walk and 5K Run/Walk kicking off at 8:20 a.m. at Queen Square Park.
The following is a list of road closures for the City of Fredericton for the Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5K/10K Run/Walk tomorrow:
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Aberdeen Street, between its terminus at the trail to St. John Street;
- St. John Street, between Churchill Row and McLeod Avenue;
- McLeod Avenue, between St. John Street and Beaverbrook Street; and;
- Church Street, between Churchill Row and Aberdeen Street;
7:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (or as soon as last participants completes the course)
- St. John Street, between Aberdeen Street and Queen Street;
- Queen Street, between St. John Street and Regent Street;
- St. Anne's Point Drive, between Queen Street and the Westmorland Street Bridge on ramp;
- Westmorland Street Bridge to Union Street to Union Street off-ramp;
- Union Street to Friel Street; and
- Friel Street, between Union Street to the trail system;
8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Westmorland Street Bridge, between Queen and Maple Street.
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Marysville Bridge, between McGloin Street and Mill Street.
Course maps and more information can be found here.