Grease fire sends man to hospital

A man was sent to hospital after a fire at an apartment building in Fredericton Sunday night.

Fredericton Fire Platoon Capt.Mike Mizner tells the Daily Gleaner fire officials received reports of smoke in the hallway of a building on Aberdeen Street around 8:50pm.

Mizner says there appeared to be a grease fire on the stove. 

He says fire was out before crews arrived on scene, but a man was found lying unconscious on the floor. He was stabilized and sent to hospital.