Investigation into fatal hit and run continues: RCMP
The investigation continued Thursday night into a fatal hit and run that occurred in Saint Charles in February.
RCMP said in a statement on Twitter that Chemin Saint-Charles Sud was closed between chemin de l’Église and rue Jean-Baptiste to allow police to continue their investigation into the death of 22-year-old Brady Francis of Elsipogtog First Nation.
Police also asked the public to stay away from the area so as not to interfere with the ongoing investigation.
RCMP announced the road closure just after 10 p.m. and said it was open to all traffic at 1:15 a.m.
Francis was struck and killed by a vehicle on Saint-Charles Sud Road on February 24th.
Last month RCMP released photos of a grey 2003 GMC Sierra 4X4 pickup truck believed to be involved in the accident in the hopes that someone could aid the investigation.
The Times & Transcript reports that a rally will be held in Moncton Saturday by people calling for charges to be laid in the case.
~ With files from the Times & Transcript.