Members of NBEX Land Development Committee named
The joint development of the exhibition grounds on Smythe Street by the City of Fredericton and the Fredericton Exhibition Ltd. has taken another step forward with the announcement of the members of the NBEX Land Development Committee.
According to a press release the committee will be tasked with the creation and execution of a Site Development Plan.
It will consist of ten volunteers, including two members of City Council, two members of the Board of Directors of Fredericton Exhibition Ltd., four community representatives, and two senior staff members from the NBEX and City of Fredericton.
The committee that has been jointly agreed upon by both Fredericton City Council and the Fredericton Exhibition Board of Directors includes the following individuals:
- Andrew Steeves, NBEX nominee
- Sophia Petrovich, NBEX nominee
- Shawn Bilerman, City nominee
- Trevor Hanson, City nominee
- Jeff Melanson, NBEX Board member
- Sara Townsend, NBEX Board member
- Deputy Mayor Steven Hicks, City Council representative
- Coun. Eric Price, City Council representative
- Mike Vokey, NBEX CEO
- Jeff Trail, Deputy CAO, City of Fredericton
it was announced in February that the NBEX and City would be entering into a new era of collaboration.
That announcement established the joint Land Development Committee.