N.B. hosting public information sessions on community renewable energy
The province and NB Power are hosting public information sessions this week on community renewable energy projects.
New Brunswick's community renewable energy program allows local entities to partner with the utility to install small-scale renewable energy sources in their communities.
The program, also known as the Locally Owned Renewable Energy Project that are Small Scale program, includes universities, non-profit organizations, associations, co-operatives, First Nations and municipalities.
The New Brunswick government says the program is part of its commitment to ensure 40 per cent of its in-province electricity sales are from renewable energy by 2020.
The community information sessions will be held in:
- Grand Falls: Tuesday, March 28, 6 p.m., Centre E.P. Sénéchal, 60 Ouellette Street;
- Bathurst: Wednesday, March 29, 1 p.m., KC Irving Regional Centre, 14 Sean Couturier Avenue;
- Miramichi: Wednesday, March 29, 6 p.m., Rodd's Miramichi River Inn, 1809 Water Street;
- Fredericton: Thursday, March 30, 10 a.m., Fredericton Convention Centre, 670 Queen Street; and
- Moncton: Thursday, March 30, 6 p.m., Rodd Moncton Hotel & Resort, 434 Main Street.