Several homes evacuated after natural gas leak in Oromocto
Several homes had to be evacuated in Oromocto, N.B., after a natural gas line was struck.
The Oromocto Fire Department says crews were called to Gardiner Street shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday.
Assistant Deputy Chief Dale Johnson tells our newsroom a contractor working in the area struck a two-inch natural gas line.
Johnson says eight to ten homes were evacuated as a precaution and residents were taken to the Hazen Park Centre
He says Gardiner Street was also closed until Enbridge Gas crews could seal the leak.
Johnson says no one was hurt in the incident.