Glitter Can BLIND YOU?!!

A 49 year old woman learned that glitter is more than just fun and sparkly! She found it can be pretty dangerous too! 

 

She was experiencing a swollen, red, painful eye and was having trouble seeing through it as well. Her doctor found a lesion on her cornea similar to a herpes infection.  She was almost mis-diagnosed which would've cost her of her vision in that eye. However, upon closer examination the doctor found it was just a piece of glitter.

 

The woman remembered rubbing her eye after receieving a glittery holiday card.  The glitter was removed, she went on antibiotics and thankfully can still see through both eyes. Now there's just the issue of a terrifying new phobia!