How to Celebrate GALentine's Day RIGHT!
Galentine's Day: "Oh it's only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It's like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas." – Leslie Knope
Ok you beautiful tropical fish.. GALENTINES Day is 1 WEEK AWAY! Here are the BEST ways to celebrate!
1. Sugar Moon- It’s a hike, pancakes and a road trip all built into one! Nestled in the mountains in Tatamagouche the hike is a nice 6km or shorter if you want and at the end you get to eat THE BEST pancakes in the world. BONUS- No cellphone reception! Which means no boys calling, asking if you’ve seen that item they haven’t even looked for yet. Check out the menu HERE
2. Pong Social Club- Ping Pong, beer and food….need I say more? This will seriously be one of the funniest nights ever! Book a table NOW
3. Spa Day- This one is obvious.. Mani Pedi’s are a Galentines Day Tradition! HERE are the BEST spas in the city!
4. BRUNCH- Another Galentines Day tradition.. Plus.. BACON! HERE are the top spots in Hali!
5. Clothing Swap-My girlfriends do these every season and it’s a great way to clean out your closet!
6. Get Air- SO FUN!! Also, a great workout which means a larger glass of wine after. Hop over to their website HERE
7. Movies- 50 Shades Darker will be out soon (cough cough). Even if you thinks it dumb, Jamie Dornan’s abs are still in it.
8. Romeo and Juliet: A Drink Along- This just SOUNDS awesome. One night ONLY happening at The Bus Stop Theatre Monday Night. It’s a one hour drink-along to a rendition to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet performed by a small cast of four talented actors. Get the deets HERE
9. Moose Heads Game-I am a huge fan of being anywhere you can drink at two in the afternoon without judgment.
10. GALS NIGHT IN- *Hot Tip*.. Girls like to eat and drink in sweatpants. NO FAIL!