How To Beat The Winter Blues
Things I do when I'm feeling down in the dumps :)
1. Pull Your Look Together
- I find a lot of the time, if you look gross, you feel gross.
- Throw on your cutest new loungewear
- Moisturize your face
- Swipe on some mascara
2. Make A Pot Of Your Favourite David's Tea
- Cream of Earl Grey is my personal favourite, and it's a little caffienated to perk you up!
3. Watch A Feel-Good RomCom
- Notting Hill is a great choice, or, anything with Hugh Grant, really
- Make sure your tea, phone, and remotes are all within reaching distance
- Fuzziest blanket is recommended
4. Make A Fun Plan For The Week Ahead
- Text your friends!
- Plan to do something you've always been meaning to do, that way you'll look forward to it for the days to come
5. Allow Yourself A Food Treat
- Something you LOVE but wouldn't normally get yourself (PRINGLES).
- Enjoy in moderation, obviously, but gives you something to look forward to!
6. Light Candles
- Always makes you feel a little flos$y / extra
7. Turn On Your BO$$ BETCH Playlist
8. Change Your Sheets
- Super annoying but it'll make you look forward to bedtime
9. Cross One Thing Off Your To-Do List
- If you've been meaning to send an e-mail, or call to make an appointment, just do it!
- Pick the easiest thing
- That way no matter how bad your day was, you got something done.
10. Vitamin D Gummies
- It might be a psychological trap, but I feel like these really do improve my mood in the Winter.
- And I love gummies
LAST BUT NOT LEAST LITERALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE....
- You are NOT going to want to do this but TRUST me when I say if you sweat it out for 15 minutes on a treadmill / bike / elliptical it will drastically improve your mood
- It's a vicious cycle because you don't wanna work out when you're depressed, but you'll get un-depressed if you go work out.
- YOU CAN DO IT.