Why April 27th Matters In Rock History
It’s April 27th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1981, Ringo Starr married actress Barbara Bach.
- In 2009, Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament was robbed outside of the Atlanta studio where the band was recording. The knife-wielding assailants got away with Ament’s passport, $3,000 U.S. in cash and $4,320 in property.
- In 1994, Chicago had their third No. 1 album with Chicago VII.
- In 1999, British band The Verve, best known for their song “Bittersweet Symphony,” announced that they had split up. They’d reunite in 2007 for a year before hanging it up again.
- In 1986, the No. 1 song in the U.S. was Robert Palmer’s “Addicted to Love.”
- And in 2010, Billy Corgan launched a Twitter tirade against Courtney Love, accusing her of not writing her own songs and abandoning her daughter.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio