Dear all adult members,
Out of an abundance of caution, we have made the decision to suspend all in-person Girl Guide activities until Tuesday, April 14, beginning immediately. This course of action was chosen to ensure the health and well-being of all the girl and adult members who enjoy Guiding and the health of the greater community.
What does this mean:
- There will be no in-person unit meetings, council meetings, trainings, sleepovers, camps, cookie selling, travel, Trefoil Guild / Link activities, or any other in-person Girl Guide activities at any location during this period.
- All families will receive a message from Girl Guides of Canada shortly advising that we are suspending activities until April 14. You will receive a copy of that message for your awareness and the message will be posted to girlguides.ca, as well as shortened versions on our social channels.
- If you have an event planned this weekend – whether with girls or other adult members – please get in touch with participants immediately to let them know it is cancelled.
- Cookie selling: We appreciate that cookie selling season is just beginning.
- During this time no door-to-do sales or cookie selling events are permitted.
- Cookie Days will be rescheduled for a later date. Details will be provided once they become available.
- Units will still have a responsibility to sell cookies but selling times will be extended once full operating times are known.
- Payment dates will also be extended. Details on those extensions will be provided at a later date.
- If you were planning to pick up cookies from your cookie receiver, you may still proceed with that at this time.
- Any GGC camp programs and properties must remain closed at this time. There should be no third-party use of these properties during this period.
- We are working on a resource with at-home activity ideas to help you support families to continue Guiding during this time and tips for keeping in touch as a unit by connecting virtually if you choose. Stay tuned for more information!
** Please note that there will be no exceptions to the above conditions – no in-person activities for girls or adult members will be approved or sanctioned during this period.
We know that many of you will have questions about the impact to your units, including questions about future planned activities or the implications of this suspension. As this is a fast-moving situation with many variables that will impact how Guiding operates, we appreciate your patience as we consider how all of this will affect our activities as an organization. We’re working to get answers for you as soon as we can, and we will update the information on Member Zone as more information becomes available. Please continue to check back for updates regularly.
We will continue to monitor advice from Canadian public health agencies to determine whether we need to adjust these timelines and will keep you informed of any decisions.