Tay Township updates Covid contingency
Following a Special Council meeting held on March 16 to discuss measures to be taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following measures have been taken to protect the health and well-being of our community members, including residents and our dedicated staff, with the goal of keeping time-sensitive operations running and available to the public:
- Attendance at the municipal office for non-essential business is discouraged as a measure to help “flatten the curve”.
- Municipal staff can be contacted by email or over the phone at 705-534-7248.
- Anyone who is feeling unwell, or is exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 is not to attend the municipal office.
- All visitors must practice self-screening and consider conducting their business online or over the phone.
- Cash payments will not be accepted at the municipal office effective March 23.
- It is not necessary to come to the municipal office to pay any bills in person at this time.
- Tax and water bill payments can be made through your bank either online or at a bank branch.
- Late payment fees and interest will be waived for all current bills at this time; if you are unwell, or have been in contact with others who are unwell, please do not attend the municipal office.
- Social distancing measures are being taken at the municipal office to help “flatten the curve”, these include:
- Reduction of staff availability for face-to-face meetings.
- Separation of staff, to slow the spread, in order to ensure we continue to have resources in place to provide essential services.
- Arrangements have been made with neighbouring municipalities to share staff resources, if necessary, to continuing delivering critical services such as roads, water, waste water and fire services.
- Fire Permits can be purchased online at tay.ca/FirePermits
- Dog Tags will not be sold at this time. Please call the Canine Enforcement Officer at 705-534-7248 x248 to register your dog and your intent to purchase a Dog Tag once the COVID-19 situation has passed.
- Recreation programs have been suspended until further notice.
- Recreation facilities have been closed and private rentals have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Seniors Symposium scheduled for March 27 has been cancelled.
- Summer Day Camp and Soccer registration can be done online anytime or over the phone by calling 705-534-7248 x232.
- All Council Advisory Committees have been cancelled for March and April.
- The April Committee of Adjustment meeting has been cancelled.
At this time the Township has not experienced employee absences that will have an impact on service delivery. The measures above are intended to help “flatten the curve” and lessen the risk that the Township will experience large absentee rates at any one time which could lead to service impacts.
For up-to-date information about meetings, visit our meeting calendar at tay.ca/calendar.