Town of Midland Announces Closures and Cancellations
Media Release - Town of Midland COVID-19 Update - Friday, March 13, 2020
(MIDLAND, ON) – The Town of Midland is taking precautions to help protect our vulnerable residents and employees. Following numerous meetings and discussion, the Town has made the decision to implement the following actions:
- The North Simcoe Sports & Recreation Centre will be closed effective at midnight on Friday, March 13 for three weeks. An update will be provided prior to Monday, April 6. Full refunds will be provided once the facility fully reopens.
- Midland-Penetanguishene Transit Service will remain in service and will follow the lead of the County of Simcoe's LINX Transit Service. An update will be provided if there is a change in service.
- Midland Town Hall will remain open, as of now, however we strongly urge residents who have recently travelled or been exposed to someone showing symptoms, and/or exhibit any of the COVID-19 symptoms themselves to not visit Town Hall. Residents are encouraged to use the drop box at our Third Street entrance for tax and water bill payments or use online payments through their bank.
- The King Street Rejuvenation Phase 2 Pre-Construction Open House scheduled for Thursday, March 19 has been postponed until further notice.
Essential services such as Policing, Fire Services and Water/Wastewater Services will not be interrupted.
In addition, the following facilities and services have closed down for the next few weeks:
- Midland Public Library is closed as of 6 p.m. on Friday, March 13 until at least April 6.
- Askennonia Seniors Centre is closed until at least April 6.
- Boys & Girls Club of North Simcoe is closed from March 14th until at least April 3, with all March Break Camps cancelled next week.
For more information on the state of COVID-19 in our area, please contact the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit at 705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520 or visit their website at simcoemuskokahealth.org.
This is a fluid situation and the Town will continue to communicate with our residents regarding COVID-19. This web page will be updated as required.