Traffic stop near Orillia leads to drug and weapons charges
A drug bust in Orillia, after a routine traffic stop.
OPP stopped a vehicle on Coldwater Road early yesterday morning (Monday), for a traffic act violation.
But officers say they quickly noticed what looked like a handgun inside the vehicle, and put the occupants in cuffs.
Police then found a large amount of cocaine, prescription pills, pot, cash, and the replica handgun.
An18 year old Ramara man, and 20 year old Orillia man, now facing trafficking charges, along with weapons charges.
Here is the OPP release.....
Orillia OPP Arrest Pair for Drug Trafficking
(Orillia, ON) - The Orillia Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have made an arrest in relation to drug trafficking in the City of Orillia.
On March 02, 2020 at approximately 12:40 am Orillia OPP members conducted a traffic stop, for a Highway Traffic Act violation, on Coldwater Road West in Orillia.
When officers approached the vehicle a handgun was observed inside the vehicle. The occupants of the vehicle were arrested. A search of the vehicle revealed a large amount of cocaine, prescription pills, cash, cannabis and a replica hand gun.
Police arrested and charged 18 year old, Tyler EMONS, of Ramara and 20 year old Austin KILLAM of Orillia with the following offences:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Contrary to Section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking Contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Two counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance Contrary to Section 5(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Possession of a weapon for a Dangerous Purpose Contrary to Section 88 of the Criminal Code.
- Use of imitation Firearm While Committing an Offence Contrary to Section 85(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
In addition to the above mentioned charges several Cannabis Act charges were laid.
Both of the accused have been held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice on March 02, 2020.
The Orillia OPP is committed to public safety and crime prevention. If you have any information about crime in our community please contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).