N.S. man charged after police seize stolen vehicles, guns from Lower Burlington property
A 31-year-old man from Lower Burlington, N.S., has been charged with several weapons and stolen property offences after police searched a property in the community over the weekend.
The RCMP executed a search warrant at the property on Highway 215 on Sunday and seized several all-terrain vehicles, dirt bikes, side-by-sides and several firearms.
Police say a man was arrested at the scene.
Joseph Philip Michael Hope has been charged with:
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- five counts of possession of property obtained by crime
- unsafe storage of a firearm
- possession of a firearm with a tampered serial number
Hope was remanded into custody and was scheduled to appear in Kentville provincial court Tuesday.
Ten people are staying in emergency housing after an apartment building caught fire in Summerside, P.E.I., Sunday night.
Members from the Fredericton Police Force are investigating a possible drowning at Killarney Lake.
A popular summer beach in Porter's Lake, N.S., is closed due to high bacteria levels found in the water.