Police name and charge driver after erratic driving spree at uOttawa
We now know the name of the driver who stole a van and took it on a chaotic hit and run spree through the University of Ottawa campus.
Police say 36-year-old Marc Andre Fournier stole a student transportation van, then raced erratically around campus, crashing into numerous cars. Thankfully, no one was hurt.
Fournier is facing a number of charges including:
* Theft of motor vehicle cc (Criminal Code)
* Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 cc.
* Dangerous operation of a conveyance cc.
* Fail to stop at a scene of an accident cc.
* Resist arrest cc.
* Assault cc.
* Fail or refuse to provide a sample cc.
* Fail to comply with a probation order cc.
Fournier was arrested after trying to get away on foot and board an O-C Transpo bus.
Police believe drug or alcohol use may have played a part.
Fournier is scheduled for court today.
Ottawa Police have charged a male with animal cruelty following posts made online.
Erlinda Santiago was last seen on Monday afternoon in Kanata, where she had an appointment in the area of Leggett Drive.
The National Capital Commission has cancelled its request for proposals, which has been in effect April 17th, 2015 to March 1st, 2019.