Saskatoon house fire caused by 'careless disposal of smoking material'
The careless disposal of "smoking material" on the front step caused a house fire in the 200 Block of Clarence Avenue South on Tuesday night, Saskatoon Fire Department says.
Upon arrival, fire crews began extinguishing the fire from the exterior and the interior and checked the attic for fire, according to a news release.
Heat was also identified in the exterior walls behind the stucco. Fire crews cut the stucco and cooled the area.
No one was hurt and the fire is not believed to be criminal in nature, police say.
Damage is estimated at $50,000.
The City of Saskatoon-led Safety/Maintenance Committee and the Saskatoon Tribal Council are in talks to create a dedicated outdoor space at the STC Wellness Centre.
Public engagement on site options for a new downtown entertainment district in Saskatoon need to be delayed by about a month, according to an administration report to city council.
Six bison calves, three male and three female, were born at Wanuskewin Heritage Park this month, bringing the herd to 24 members, the park says.