Unattended stove top causes $30K in damage to Riversdale home
A kitchen fire in Riversdale caused $30,000 of damage according to the Saskatoon Fire Department.
At around 3:53 a.m. on Oct. 25, the fire department was called to the 600 block of Avenue I South. In a news release, the fire department said upon arrival firefighters did not see flames or smoke but did smell smoke in the air.
Upon entering the residence, the fire department confirmed the lone occupant had evacuated. They also found an extinguished a fire in the kitchen caused by an unattended stove top.
Damage is estimated at $30,000.
Three inmates have and eight staff members at Saskatoon Provincial Correctional Centre have tested positive for COVID-19 according to the Ministry of Corrections and Policing.
An employee at the Canada Post mail processing facility on 51st Street tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, forcing a shutdown for a few hours.
Remai Modern must offer anti-harassment training as part of Sask. human rights commissioner-approved settlementAs part of a mediated settlement, overseen by the Chief Commissioner of the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission, Remai Modern must deliver anti-harassment training throughout its organization.