Judge finds Alberta couple not guilty in toddler son's death of meningitis
An Alberta couple who treated their son with herbal remedies rather than seek medical attention have been found not guilty in the boy's death.
David and Collet Stephan were charged with failing to provide the necessaries of life to 19-month-old Ezekiel, who died in March 2012.
The official cause of death was bacterial meningitis.
But a pathologist called by the defence said the child died from a lack of oxygen to the brain when he was in an ambulance.
It was the second trial for the Stephans, who were found guilty by a jury in 2016.
The Supreme Court of Canada set aside the conviction and ordered a new trial.
Guess 3 out of 5. Win our daily prize. Qualify for the CKTB Night of Champions at George’s Greek Village on November 4th!
Qantas carried out test flight for longest non-stop commercial service, delivering passengers from New York to Sydney. Larry talks to Dr. Todd Curtis from airsafe.com about this.
Larry talks to Peter Woolstencroft Retired Political Science Professor from the University of Waterloo about the federal election results