Kitchen fire in St. Catharines causes estimated $100,000 in damage
An accidental kitchen fire in St. Catharines caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.
Fire officials say the fire at a one storey home on Russell Avenue started on Wednesday when a combustible appliance was left on the stove top during cleaning and a burner was accidentally turned on.
The home's occupant had left the room but when they came back they noticed the smoke, left the home, and called 911.
ROUNDTABLE Mike Blasom and Ruth Unrau
Today at 12:01am Niagara Region moved into the RED control level of the government’s reopening framework. Hair salons, gyms, and restaurant dining rooms are set to reopen in limited capacity. Tim talks with Dr. Mustafa Hirji - Niagara's Acting Medical Officer of Health.
TIm talks to Carm LaVigna from Tootzie's Tune-Up. She talks about the frustrations of being a small business owner during these restrictive periods.