More Beer Store locations in Niagara accepting bottle returns
More Niagara Beer Store locations are accepting empties returns.
The Beer Store is expanding the returns program as the spread of COVID-19 slows down.
So far, a total of 10 local locations are accepting bottles including four stores in St. Catharines and two in Niagara Falls.
It comes as officials with Steam Whistle tell the Canadian Press they have gone through a year's worth of new bottles in recent months because of the initial hold on returns when the pandemic began.
The brewer could be facing rolling shortages in the coming months because of a lack of bottles.
Locations currently accepting bottles:
- Fonthill - 20 Highway 20 East (Monday and Wednesday)
- Fort Erie - 194 Garrison Road (Monday and Wednesday)
- Niagara Falls - 3739 Portage Road (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Niagara Falls - 6757 Lundy's Lane (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Port Colbourne - 420 Catharine St (Monday and Wednesday)
- Smithville - 249 St. Catharine St (Monday and Wednesday)
- St. Catharines - 120 Welland Ave (Everyday)
- St. Catharines - 2D Tremont Drive (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- St. Catharines - 446 Scott St (Everyday)
- St. Catharines - 99 Dieppe Road (Everyday)
Matt Holmes Speaks with Carla Parslow – Parslow Heritage Consultancy regarding uncovering buried history in St. David's
Matt Holmes Speaks with Shane Malcolm – Leadership Niagara regarding racism and reality for Black Canadians in Canada and Niagara
Matt Holmes Speaks with Nick Dubanow – Fort Erie Councillor Ward 2 regarding the town discouraging visitors to Fort Erie beaches during Beach/Skip Day