Niagara Region to set up 10 new community safety zones around schools
The Niagara Region is introducing ten new community safety zones around schools.
Drivers will face double the fines under the Highway Traffic Act if they are caught breaking the law.
The rules of the road within the zones don't change, only the penalties do.
Signs will be posted around the zones in time for the start of the new school year.
Police will be focusing on education to start, but by September 21st enforcement will begin.
The new locations are in Fort Erie, Grimsby, Niagara Falls, Niagara-On-The-Lake, St. Catharines, Welland, and West Lincoln:
- Alexander Kuska KSG Catholic Elementary School, Rice Rd. (Regional Rd. 54) between Quaker Rd. and Woodlawn Rd. in Welland
- Blessed Trinity Catholic Secondary School, Livingston Ave. (Regional Rd. 512) between Roberts Rd. and Patton St. in Grimsby
- Crossroads Public Elementary School, Niagara Stone Rd. (Regional Rd. 55) between Concession 6 Rd. (roundabout) and Four Mile Creek Rd. in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- DSBN Academy, Louth St. (Regional Rd. 72) between Rykert St. and Pelham Rd. in St. Catharines
- Greendale Elementary School, Montrose Rd. (Regional Rd. 98) between Watson St. and Lundy's Ln. in Niagara Falls
- John Calvin School, Station St. (Regional Rd. 14) between Spring Creek Rd. and West St. in West Lincoln
- Our Lady of Victory Catholic Elementary School, Central Ave. (Regional Rd. 124) between Gilmore Rd. and Bertie St. in Fort Erie
- Park Elementary School, Main St. E. (Regional Rd. 81) between Nelles Rd. N/Nelles Rd. S and Bartlett Ave. in Grimsby
- Smithville District Christian High School, Townline Rd. (Regional Rd. 14) between Harvest Gate and Canborough St. in West Lincoln
- St. Ann Catholic Elementary School, Main St. (Regional Rd. 87) between Martindale Rd. and Johnson St. in St. Catharines
This week, Chrissy Sadowski speaks with Brandon Currie, father and Chartered Life Underwriter and Senior Advisor at CR Smith Financial, about planning for your future.