Port Colborne landlord fined $12,500 after fire

Smoke alarm

A former Port Colborne landlord has been fined for not having working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.

Back in March fire crews were called to a fire at 778 Steele Street and during the investigation found that the building was not up to fire code.

The owner plead guilty to three charges and was fined a total of $12,500.

Fire Chief Scott Lawson says, “Working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms save lives. I hope this conviction acts as a reminder to residents and owners of buildings in Port Colborne of their responsibilities under the Fire Code.”

  • NITM MAY 24

    Steph Vivier fills in for Tim Denis GUESTS: Marla Smith Director of Development, Niagara Children's Centre  Debbie Zimmermann - CEO Grape Growers of Ontario
  • ODOM Hour 1, May 21 Sean Returns for One Show Only!

    Special guest co-host Sean Vanderklis - St Catharines born Curve Lake First Nations citizen - reunites with Karl Dockstader as they talk election, Crown and Indigenous relations, and react to questionable texters.
  • ODOM Hour 2, May 21, Sean Returns for One Show Only!

    Special guest co-host Sean Vanderklis - St Catharines born Curve Lake First Nations citizen - reunites with Karl Dockstader as they talk election, Crown and Indigenous relations, and react to questionable texters.