Premier Ford admits to taking trip to cottage
Premier Doug Ford making headlines and this time not for his response to the pandemic.
This time it's personal.
His office confirming a report the Premier visited his cottage on Easter Sunday to check on the plumbing but insists he didn’t interact with anyone on the drive up.
This comes amid an intense debate about whether Ontarians should be allowed to visit their vacation properties while the province tries to slow the spread of COVID-19.
In the statement his office says "He spent less than an hour there and on his travel he didn't stop anywhere and he didn’t interact with anyone."
Earlier this week, Ford said there is only so long the government can "hold back taxpayers" from going to their cottages as the warmer months arrive.
But after the premier had a “heart-to-heart” conversation with cottage country mayors this week, he released a statement that said cottagers were being asked to "hold off" visiting their properties.